Saturday 21 February 2009

Big Jackpots! Reel King, Fortune 500 and 8 LIner



This video is my most viewed video on http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos

The video was filmed in the Section 16 era of fruit machines. Stakes were high! This one could be played on 10p a go all the way to £2. Crazy to think 15 years ago £2 was a jackpot on many machines! Not only that, a select few Section 16 machines could be played on £10 a go! Now that is crazy! Why it was ever allowed is beyond me! I never played one, way to risky but I did how ever buy one. Didn't cost the earth at £135 delivered to my door and still gets played quite a bit by myself after owning it for nearly 2 years!

The above is one way to snag a £500 jackpot on reel king, the other is below.



Anyhow, below is the monster Fortune 500, running on a manly £10 a spin!



The above video is running on a massive £10 a spin! Took ages to set up a real time jackpot. Real time was always the aim with this one. I have been trying to get a real time double jackpot on it for ages now and am beginning to think i'll never get one! Still, it's a fantastic saver machine for me!

Before I bought this one I bought another Section 16 machine called 8 Liner. This one could be played on as little as 50p a go all the way to £4. It had a £200 jackpot and paid alot! I had to set up a real time jackpot on this one too :-)



Sadly the machine developed an error and I couldn't find a way to fix it. Shame really, thought it was better than Fortune 500 and certainly had better sound effects!

Still, it lived for quite some time and I had many hours/days playing away, not losing a penny!

A while back now Section 16 was banned and B3 was brought in. Still £500 jackpot but on a limited £1 stake. Also only 4 machines to an arcade/bingo hall which was a great idea. Still, loop hole can be found and arcades started sectioning off areas and putting 4 in each area! Money grabbing or what? No wonder arcades in this day in age are empty compared to the crowded places they were in years gone by!

1 comment: